SILOWEIGH II - vessel weighing with touch screen interface
The accurate level
measurement system for silos, tanks and vessels that you can
run out of cement again. Eliminate the risk of overfilling storage
vessels. SiloWeigh tells you the contents of any silo, tank or vessel -
not as an empty or full signal, or even a percentage full signal based on a
level measurement. Better than silo level measurement, SiloWeigh measures the actual weight of the vessel and contents to give a true
picture of the amount on hand - and it costs little more than a silo level
- Sensors use high quality
metal foil strain
gauges, as used in high-accuracy load cells, to give superior stability
- SiloWeigh is temperature compensated by
matching the sensors to the metal of the legs. We have demonstrated
typical accuracies of ±1 to 2% of full scale when all four legs are
- It is possible to gauge only half the legs but we do not
recommend it since wide variations in accuracy are possible. You can
also mount the legs on Load Cells for high accuracy (0.1%) (see
Sensors, wiring and junction boxes are carefully weatherproofed and you
can set up the dust and spashproof display system in a convenient indoor
Whether you need a silo level meter, a tank level
monitor or silo inventory control, SiloWeigh is the most accurate system.
SiloWeigh II, touch screen operator interface
one to four vessels on standard 4" (102mm) display screen.
- Up to 16 vessels on optional larger 7" (180mm) screen.
- Digital connection to transmitters at each vessel, connected by
single cable to make installation faster.
- Symbols show level at a glance, % full and actual weight or
volume in your choice of units (tons, gal. etc.).
- Level display changes color as alarm points are passed, to
emphasize alarm condition.
- Dust and splashproof NEMA-4 (IP65) plastic wall-mount cabinet.
- Optional digital I/O unit allows connection to horns, lights etc.
- Optional analog outputs connect to control systems.
- Can be upgraded to SiloWeigh.Net at a later date.
Use of a touch screen as the operator interface gives many
advantages, and at a lower cost for 3 or more vessels.
Other new features include:
- Touch any vessel's display to display a trend graph of readings
(see picture at right).
- Scroll forward or backward in time.
- Select time interval or custom time period for display.
- Monitor amount of each delivery or scan back in time to verify
that the correct amount was delivered.
- Setup and calibration from separate screen menus with password
- Advanced predictive filter eliminates errors caused by rapid
- Add new vessels any time without hardware changes.
SiloWeigh I, Bar Graph Meter
mount display cabinet can house from one to five bar-graph indicators for
applications of just a few silos and those where the traditional
indicator is preferred.
Display shows both level and actual vessel weight in
tons, lb, kg etc.
programmable relay alarm setpoints per vessel, based on
weight values, to power alarm lights or bells. These
also have LED indicators on each bar graph.
output for each vessel connects to PLCs and computer
indicators are dust and splash proof. Add display
covers to make them NEMA-4 waterproof. Outdoor use
requires a weatherproof enclosure, cabinet heater or
calibrate the system yourself. We deliver a kit
with complete instructions. All necessary cables are
provided and are colour coded. Calibration is
straightforward, using the weighed deliveries as
- Alternatively, we have trained installation experts at
various US and Canadian locations - call us for details.